Dear Cedar Brook Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for out practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patient to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Please be advised per the ADA we are implementing a Personal Protective Equipment fee temporarily during this pandemic. This fee is to help offset the cost of our supplies due to extremely high demand and additional PPE requirements. We are keeping the fee as a low as possible and submitting to insurance. The cost is $10.00 per appointment with a max of $25.00 per day for families.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients!
Cedar Brook Dental Team